Train attack: Terrorists free Ango Abdullahi’s son

Barely a week after releasing photos of  62 abducted persons in their custody, the terrorists who attacked a Kaduna-bound train on March 28 have freed one of the victims.

The released abductee is said to be the son of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) leader, Prof. Ango Abdullahi.

A family member, who confirmed that Sadik Ango Abdullahi was freed at the weekend after  31 days in captivity, said that ransom was paid. He, however, did not say the amount.

He added that the “young man who is the only son between his father and mother, the late Hajiya Jummai Alhassan, is currently undergoing psychological rehabilitation in a private hospital.

According to the family source, Sadik was identified by his friends and relations when the terrorists released the pictures of the 62 abducted passengers.

He said that the terrorists were unaware that Sadik was the son of the NEF leaders when the negotiation for his release was going on.

He said: “Negotiations between the government and the terrorists for the release of our loved ones have reached an advanced stage.

“We don’t want to jeopardise the process now. We are sure the terrorists later found out who Sadik was and later decided to negotiate for his freedom.

Of the time of filing this report, there was no official reaction from security agencies.

The terrorists had earlier freed the  Managing Director of the Bank of Agriculture (BOA), Alwan Ali-Hassan.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *